Friday, March 8, 2013

3.8.13- Theory About Character (cont.)

FINDING SUPPORT FOR THEORIES
Independently, select two or three theories you created about the main character in your own text that you feel you can find support from multiple places in the text. Keep track of your findings in the chart below. You may bullet-point your evidence (you will elaborate on the evidence at another time).




Theory about Character

Theory #1: Ruth (the character) argues with many people about many things because she feels that if she does not, people might view her as different or weaker.
Evidence from Text:

- “She pushed herself off her chair and drew herself up to her full height, giving the dragon embroidered across her chest a fond pat before she started talking." (DQ)

- "I expected my grandmother's eyes to light up, but she gave me a stern glare." (Summary)

- “Her cheeks were flushed underneath the rouge, and a vein in her neck was fluttering.” (DQ)



Theory #2: She pretends to be unfazed, but inside she is hiding her feelings.
Evidence from Text:

- ""I don’t know.” I wiped my eyes. “People surprise me sometimes.”" (DQ)

- “Halfway through the story I started to cry." (DQ)

- “My voice cracked on the last word.” (DQ)




Theory #3:
Evidence from Text:

No comments:

Post a Comment