Friday, May 23, 2014

5.23.14- AHW

I finished Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson today. It's my book club book in la but it's isn't very long so I finished it in a night.
Agh what to say. I really can't say anything without a spoiler. Really. It's that kind of book. I don't wanna write anything on here about it till my book club finishes, but then I think I will. I'll warn for spoilers tho.
If ur thinking of reading it, you should. The beginning isn't the most captivating, but it maintains a steady pace. It's really weird, because you literally feel the main character. Whenever something climactic happens, you feel like ur underwater. Like it doesn't affect you? Just completely living in black and white, no matter how vivid the scene is. But then the end. It isn't a heroic, "I accomplished my dreams and everything's perfect!!!!!" Kind of ending, which I think is better. Not so sugar-coated. It ends with her understanding, I think. Being able to look back at her old self and say she gets it now. I'm done for now, but I'll prob write more about this later. If ur thinking of reading it, give it a try.
-Helen; byee
(ps if mr j is reading this.. 1. did you read speak? 2. thanks for the book) 

No comments:

Post a Comment