Wednesday, April 30, 2014

4.30.14- Loyalists

2.) I'm probably most like Lord Dunmore, even though I wouldn't be a loyalist.

Loyalist: Hello, my fellow loyalist.
Me: Hello. Are you Lord Dunmore from Scotland?
Loyalist: I am indeed. My real name is John Murray from the royal Scottish family.
Me: Intriging. Why did you decide to come to the colony of Virginia?
Loyalist: In 1771, King George III appointed me for the royal governor. I couldn't very well reject his generous offer.
Me: Of course. What a honor.
Loyalist: Well, yes. But when I started my ruling time, a group that calls themselves the Patriots boycotted and rejected our fair rule.
Me: That is why I'm a loyalist. The British were so fair and protective over us. 
Loyalist: I agree entirely. If they spend too much time biting the hands that feed them, they'll end up with nothing, or death.
Me: I'm glad someone can see sense. They are traitors, plain and simple. I must bid you farewell.
Loyalist: Goodbye.

We didn't finish in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment