Monday, April 28, 2014

4.28.14- A Short Play

A play about chapter 11. I did it myself because Lydia left early (doctors appointment)
Characters
Loyalist
Patriot
Neutral colonist

Setting: American colonies in a courtroom

Situation: The neutral colonist has to support the Patriots or Loyalists.

In a courtroom
Neutral: I don't want to have a side. If I do, it'll create drama and I just don't know. Why should I choose a side?
Loyalists: Well, remember that the British did everything for you. You wouldn't be here without them. You own something to them, and you should pay it back now.
Patriots: but it's your life. Yes, the British were extremely generous and caring, but if you aren't happy, then it's not your job to fill someone's happiness.
Neutral: Maybe I do owe them something..
Patriot: But at this point they aren't the caring, kind British rulers that you met in the beginning of the colonies. 
Loyalists: in the end, it's up to you. But the loyalists will benefit from all this, and the patriots might die.
Patriots: give me liberty or give me death.
Neutral: I have a decision to make.
(Spoiler: they choose patriots. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment