Monday, October 7, 2013

10.7.13- *Title in progress*

I checked the clock.
"It's eleven o' clock, ya know."
"Yup." My brother said sarcastically.
"I'm bored." I said, staring at a blank TV.
"Then do something." My brother said. He wasn't making this conversation easy. Finally my dad joined in. 
"Do you want to explore the hotel?" 
"Of course I do!" I jumped up and grabbed my shoes. "Let's go lets go lets go!"
My brother groaned. But I can tell that he was a little bit curious too. A little bit. So he came along.
When we stepped out into the hallway, a chill from the hotel hallway passed over us. Have you ever noticed that when you go into a hotel, there is a feeling that everyone gets. A kind of official, standoffish feeling. Plus, since we were the in the room at the end of the hallway, you look down the hallway and everything is symmetrical, with plush carpets and lamps above every door that cast a golden glow over everything. 
Our hotel was was perfect to explore at 11 o clock at night. It was big and had plenty of places to see. In fact, it was only our second night, and we had gotten in at 10 o clock the night before. In a nutshell, basically we hadn't seen our entire hotel yet. We've only seen half of the hotel anyway! 
"I wanna see the pool!" I requested in a whisper once we had stepped into the elevator.
My brother shrugged, and since he was staring at his phone, I turned to my dad for a answer. 
"Sure." He said.
"But isn't it closed by now?" I asked.
"I wanna see the pool!" I requested in a whisper once we had stepped into the elevator.
My brother shrugged, and since he was staring at his phone, I turned to my dad for a answer. 
"Sure." He said.
"But isn't it closed by now?" I asked.
"Probably. But why'd you ask if you already knew the answer?" 
"I wanted too. I wasn't sure though."
When we finally reached the pool floor, we realized that we needed our hotel key to get in. My brother walked back to the elevator, clearly not at all worried that we haven't seen the pool yet besides some pictures. When he stepped back into the carpeted elevator, I pulled at the door to the pool and found it was unlocked. 
Instant humidity. The wave of humidity and the smell of chlorine hit me like a ton of bricks.
"Oh my god." I said in shock. "It's so strong! Can you guys feel that?!"
I turned around and saw that my dad had clearly felt it too, and my brother was oblivious to the world as per usual. 
The pool was so pretty. The entire room was completely symmetrical and there were skylights along the entire ceiling. Along the sides of the pool there were pillars with rings of gold circling them. Even the towels had good gold stripes on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment