Friday, October 4, 2013

10.4.13- *Title in progress*

I checked the clock.
"It's eleven o' clock, ya know."
"Yup." My brother said sarcastically.
"I'm bored." I said, staring at a blank TV.
"Then do something." My brother said. He wasn't making this conversation easy. Finally my dad joined in. 
"Do you want to explore the hotel?" 
"Of course I do!" I jumped up and grabbed my shoes. "Let's go lets go lets go!"
My brother groaned. But I can tell that he was a little bit curious too. A little bit. So he came along.
When we stepped out into the hallway, a chill from the hotel hallway passed over us. Have you ever noticed that when you go into a hotel, there is a feeling that everyone gets. A kind of official, standoffish feeling. Plus, since we were the in the room at the end of the hallway, you look down the hallway and everything is symmetrical, with plush carpets and lamps above every door that cast a golden glow over everything. 
Our hotel was was perfect to explore at 11 o clock at night. It was big and had plenty of places to see. In fact, it was only our second night, and we had gotten in at 10 o clock the night before. In a nutshell, basically we hadn't seen our entire hotel yet. We've only seen half of the hotel anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment