Thursday, January 3, 2013

1.3.12- Double Trouble

Double Trouble
By Helen Devine

I sat against the hard brick wall of my school, silently eating the sandwich I had made that morning. All around me swirled the cheerful conversation of the other kids.
"Hey, pass me that ball!" I looked up. Looming over me was a girl I knew I didn't want to get mixed up with. Everything she wore was bubblegum pink, and her earrings and hair were polished to a shine. Her hands were on her hips and she didn't look happy. 'Uh oh,' I thought. 'Why?!'
"Uh, hi..." I said awkwardly. "Who are you...?" She looked shocked that I had asked, as if I was supposed to already know! She flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder as another girl came up behind her. This girl was the absolute clone of the blond girl, except her hair was shoulder length and a deep black. Setting her hand on Blond Girl's shoulder, she answered the question herself.
"Uh, this is obviously Anna. And I'm Hanna! We have matching names!" In unison, the two girls looked at each other and sang out

No comments:

Post a Comment