Thursday, January 10, 2013

1.10.13- Double Trouble

On me. "Did you ASK Mrs. Katy?" She said. Her face was so red that I wouldn't be surprised if smoke started pouring from her ears. My fingers trembled, so I held them behind my back where Anna and Hanna wouldn't see. I gulped. Looking at Anna with a worried expression, I stumbled through my words. "Asked her what?" Looking at my shoes, I realized that if I stand up, maybe I will have a better effect on them. Jumping up, I can see the girls even better without the sun in my eyes. Anna looked smug, as if she knew how scared I was. She was clearly the more important of the two. Hanna seemed to have more sympathy, as if Anna had started this mean spree and Hanna had just happened so be her friend before she changed. I felt sad for her. I mean, her only friend was Anna, because nobody liked her being mean to them and decided to not be her friend. Anna didn't seem to care for her 'best friends' feelings at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if Anna dumped her entirely. I think that Hanna is nice, just trapped in a world with Anna that she doesn't want to be in. Anna opened her mouth to answer my question. Her tone of voice clearly stated that she didn't want to be here. "Asked to be in her class! Duh! What else? I got into her class because my family knew her personally." Crossing her arms, she raised her eyebrows as if to challenge me. I stared at her for a second, considering my options. But suddenly, as if to save me, the bell rang. Hanna jumped, and Anna glanced sharply at her. Noticing that sudden distraction, I turned, clutched my book tightly, and ran towards the playground doors with Anna and Hanna's eyes on my back.
You could tell that the school had been cleaned and shined perfectly for our arrival. After all, it was the first day of school. But even worse, it was the first day of fifth grade, and so far it hadn't turned out they way I had hoped. The meet with Anna and Hanna had only been a few minutes, but it had seemed like forever and had ruined my morning. 'Or maybe not,' I thought silently. I decided to make the best of it. I held my head high and headed for my locker. I was so thankful I knew where it was! We had been given our locker numbers and their combination during the Open House. I swiftly opened my locker, set my backpack inside, and kept my book. I might as well, right? When I closed my locker and turned the dial to 0, I turned and came face-to-face with the exact people I didn't want to see. Anna and Hanna seemed to be everywhere! Without a word, Hanna walked to the locker next to mine and began to put in her combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment