Wednesday, December 11, 2013

12.11.13- Argument Paragraph Pre-Writing

1. Free Write
a. I think year-round school is not a good idea, because I think the kids should be the ones to make the decision if they want to go to year-round or not. The adults don't go to school, and they don't experience our workload and lifestyle with school involved. We know when we've reached the limit, so we should have a say.
b. I believe year-round school is a bad idea.
c. I think the aspect of us missing out on other things in life, like travelling and the people around us, is one of the things that affect my opinion the most. We never have a right say in our life for at least the first 18 years. I think it's unfair and just not right that we have our daily life chosen for us. I also don't like that school is overly tiring and we never seem run out of work. 
d. I don't attend year-round school, but I think you would have to commit a lot to the lifestyle and school. I think you would be able to learn just as much if you were able to travel the world and learn from more people than just your everyday teachers. 
e. I don't know anyone who goes to year-round school. 

2. Make a Claim
I don't think students should go to a year-round school because it doesn't give them a chance to experience the real world beyond the classroom.

3. Narrow Your Claim
I 6don't think students should go to a year-round school because it doesn't give them a chance to experience the real world beyond the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment